Crankcase Pressue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankcase Pressue

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. All based on the 2LTE Engine from the 2.4 Surf.

I seem to have a lot of crankcase pressure which is pushing oil up the breather into the inlet just behind the filter. When I pull the oil dip stick out, you can see gas puffing out quite noticeably.

I have been told that this is not uncommon, I was wondering if any other people out there have the same thing.

Any ideas greatfully recieved.

Thanks,

Jon.

If the pressure is excessive have a compression test done.Worn rings will cause this.It's normal to have some blowby.

Neville

Comment

Thanks Nev,

What I was really after was a few people to tell me that yes, their 2.4 Engined surf does the same thing and its quite normal.

I did ask a local garage to do a pressure test but they managed to convince me not to bother. I have a few bubbles of some sort of gas coming out of the join between the block and cylinder head, forming in the oil that is running the air intake gasket. Independent garage says that it's a cracked head/failed gasket, dealers own local garage says that its the oil bubbling because the head is so hot. Not convinced myself.

Thinking of cutting my losses and going for a part ex on a 3L.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Working...
      X