Nerve Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerve Test

Did the Blackpool 'lumeys' last night in the 2.4 - 1 1/2 hours of idle speed movement then 30mph restrictions on the m55 - temp gauge never budged (i know cause i checked it every 30 secs!!)

is this a good sign or was i just lucky!

btw surfs nearly turn as many heads as the lights!

still grinning after 5 weeks - even keeps me off the guinness!!

take care

Chris

Nerves of........

What are we like - lol Im the same , checking temp guage at the same time as seeing how fast the fuel guage drops......lol
    BUT NO really.......
    Now im even wondering if i should hav gone for the 3.0L as so many ppl say..... just need a bit more bhp for over taking the Paj*** and motorway driving.....Oh well may upgrade later....
    BUT for now - Enjoy what i have

And i thought i was so in control of it - just fell for this one even payed more than i should have......

Comment

Good sign indeed, it can be bad when it moves up but not always. Sat intraffic a few weeks ago in my 2.4 blazing hot day 45 mins to do 1 mile and she was fine. They ain't as bad as some would have you think, round town there ain't no difference in having a 2.4 or 3.0, 30 or 40mph is your limit and both will cruise comfortably at that. If your doing regular motorway stuff then I would agree the 3.0 offers more comfortable higher speed cruising. I have been to Sunderland and back and Yorkshire this year in my 2.4 and she sat very comfortably at 80mph, with the occasional burst here and there surprisingly if you look at how much overtakes you at that speed it aint a lot really.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

cheers chaps! - im not paranoid honest - if it goes it goes!
        need to get timing belt changed asap tho - 114000kms - no warning light on - been in the country since march - registered may 04 dont know if belt has been done in japan and like an arse forgot to ask the (very brief) previous owner (he bought a l200 double cab and hates it!!!!!!)

can you reccomend anyone near me who i could trust tio change the belts and do a service as well!

take care

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X