Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con?

Hi Guys,

Had my heater blowing on cold today for first time and noticed water coming from small hose under bonnet, bout half way down bulkhead on passenger side.
    Inside is all dry and no smoke ect.

Any ideas? Im assuming its a drain for air con, Is this normal??
    I have a 2.4 srx, J reg

Thanks
    Dan

All normal. It is the drain for the Air Con Evaporator. BTW the heater blows hot and the air con blows cold.

Nev.

Comment

Thanks Nev, ill get the terms right next time
      So I assume that once I have used it for a while it will just sort its self out, or will it do it every time?

Just wondering because at the moment it drips onto some suspension joints and that cant be good in tong term, Rust ect.
      Worth maybe fitting a small length of tube to direct it away from any moving parts?

Once again Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by danr View Post
        Worth maybe fitting a small length of tube to direct it away from any moving parts?

Once again Thanks
        Yep, you could do that. The hose will drip water most of the time when air con is on because it removes moisture from the air. Air conditioners have an evaporator to dry the air.

Here's a tip. When it's really humid and you want the heater on, have both air con and heater on. This will allow the air con to dry the air before it goes through the heater.

Nev.

Comment

A J reg 2.4 with working air con ? That,s got to be fairly unique.
          Сви можемо

Comment

all works good, just bought her but haven't found anything yet.

Comment

Working...
            X