possible viscous fan prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddle View Post
    Is that little idler wheel by the air con pump spinning? Also if you dont use aircon why dont you take it out, I have, its much better and more space.

wouldnt know where to start taking it off, and i dare say thered be pipes to block and other thing. Yes the small wheel is spinning and the pully, although the AC is disabled, the belt still turns.

As you dont use air con, cut the belt off and see it it's still there. That will atleast rule it out.
    Ok, my mate suggested that,
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Did i mention when my mate poured a little water on the belt, the noise went, but he hasnt had time to investigate further, ill ask him to do that tipex test as well sat morn, and ill go out in a mo to cut the aircon belt off. ( i think i can manage that ) im a button pusher so mechanics are a little beyond me, but ill have a go if its not to complicated.

Comment

Yeah just cut it off, I think it's that little idler.

Ref the a/c. It's easy, nothing to block, 4 bolts, couple plugs and the pipe unions.
        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Yeah just cut it off, I think it's that little idler.

Ref the a/c. It's easy, nothing to block, 4 bolts, couple plugs and the pipe unions.

NOT WITH MY LUCK, belt off, noise still there, 2nd video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmfBLapC74w

Comment

You tried tightening the belts?

Comment

You tried tightening the belts?
              I think my mate gave them a twang when he ws checking the fan buit ill get him to check wwhen he down here with me sat morn. thanks, of course i could always take a trip to Calne, leave the wife in her cousins, park outside a pub with you, pick your brains in peson, get drunk.... and still have problems with the Surf. LOL

Comment

I couldn't be listening and not fixing. Dont seem to enable to resist dirty hands!!! Ypu on the m4 yet?

Comment

I couldn't be listening and not fixing. Dont seem to enable to resist dirty hands!!! Ypu on the m4 yet?
                  Oh, itll have to be a planned trip Mud, if i do need to come up illl get in touch, though im hoping to be able to get my mate to work on it saturday, though he a dam good mechanics, hes not done much, if any thing with Surfs. All else fails, ill let you know.
                  thanks
                  nigel

Comment

I'll fix it, we can then go green laning then fix both of them

Comment

I'll fix it, we can then go green laning then fix both of them

Green Laning, .....I have enough work keeping it Bus Laning without filling the engine bay with mud and leaves...

Comment

Working...
                      X