Power/Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power/Speed

Hi guy's what sort of power do these beasts have , are they just strong and slow or do they go some too, its just that i've got a orion 1.6i zetec at the mo which is by far nothing specal but it dose go some when its in the right mood and was just wondering how speedy they are/arn't

The surf weighs in at around 2 tonne the 2nd generation surf comes in 3 engine sizes 2.4 & 3.0 diesel TURBO also 3.0 v6 petrol its no sportcar & has the aerodynamics of a brick but for its weight it does pretty well
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

My car prior to buying the surf was a 1.6i zetec orion, I think the main difference for me was that it's an auto box and so you don't get that instant response feeling from the throttle, and as Marky said - it's a big beast, not designed for speed.

I soon got used to it though, and my 2.4td actually feels pretty damn quick now once the turbo kicks in.

It certainly ain't shy if you floor it with ECT on.

Comment

My previous car to the surf was a BMW520i and the surf is easily as quick but just feels very slow as you get no feeling of going fast but the speedo doesnt lie!!!!! It does pull quite hard but just does it very smoothly. Anyway its not about speed with the surf, the allround package is what counts and it seems to put a grin on most peoples faces
        If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
        I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

it's not revvy like a car... but you can really feel the torque as you accellerate, especially on hills... pulling cars out of ditches etc.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

lol cheers guys, i got my insurance sorted [792 for a 21 yr old with no ncb] and a loan sorted so i should have one by friday
            any tips on what to look for when buying one of a dealer??

Comment

go for the one you like...

Comment

Only advice I would offer to you is buy a 3ltr. It may be more expensive in short term but will avoid head probs etc. Buy privately if you have to

Comment

Buy A Blue One . There The Fastest.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    Buy A Blue One . There The Fastest.

great minds think alike, i was going to tell him to just make sure its blue and he can't go wrong
                    lets go get dirty...

Comment

Mine's blue and I've had f*** all but trouble with it. It is a 2.4 though, dashboard has now split and am needing replacement.

Comment

Working...
                      X