heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater

ok just had the surf on the road this week as im new great drive but what with the 1st frost this week the heater is blowing cold but temp gauge says hot any idear why its blowing cold im thinking old owner mite of takern out the thermostat

paul
    1992 imported surf 2.4 ssr-x

....................,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,.................. .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

Comment

Check if the stat is there then bleed the cooling system.
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

thanks for that il have a look in the morning as putting new batterys on then too
        1992 imported surf 2.4 ssr-x

Comment

or the linkage to select hot is not working when moving the lever see if the valve moves under the bonnet near the bulkhead
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
            or the linkage to select hot is not working when moving the lever see if the valve moves under the bonnet near the bulkhead
            must agree , i had linkage problem, also only having low and high on the blower but that was the resister block, now sorted.

they are all of an age as they say !!

Comment

If the gauge shows hot, I don't see why you need to go poking round with the stat. Id go for linkage myself
              Сви можемо

Comment

Or blocked matrix. Easy to blow out with an airline
                What comes around goes around!!

Comment

how do u fix the linkage?

Same problem here... only blows cold-warm air.

I've located the level under the glove box and it moves fine.
                  but when i switch from cold to hot the level under the bonnet doesn't move at all (broken linkage then).

I tried moving the lever under the bonnet by hand and it wouldn't budge either - should it?

The lever i see goes thru the firewall in behind the dash - do i need to take out the whole dash to chase the other end up cause i can't see it by eye?
                  4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

where to buy a new linkage in Australia ??

ok so yes, yes i had to strip the dash....
                    i was unaware there were 2 linkages from the back of the panel, one operates when pushed, the other when pulled (going from left to right with the heat to cool knob)
                    the line that comes from the bulkhead has snapped off the hook at the back of the panel and needs to be replaced.

i'll post up photos when im done for future benefit

only question is: WHERE FROM IN AUS??
                    i may have to start a wreckers hunt for this one :/

Comment

Chris, why don't you ask on the Aussie site?:
                      http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/

Comment

thanks yorta will do

hrmmm.....

just drove for about 45mins and got up to full temperature with the valve under the bonnet fully open or fully closed made no difference anyway!

the lines dont feel like crushed glass so now im buggered if i know why it wont get hot.... may be the thermostat ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris QTown View Post
                          thanks yorta will do

hrmmm.....

just drove for about 45mins and got up to full temperature with the valve under the bonnet fully open or fully closed made no difference anyway!

the lines dont feel like crushed glass so now im buggered if i know why it wont get hot.... may be the thermostat ?
                          Have a look, left side of the block, metal pipe that runs down towards the bottom of the radiator. Only two nuts to take it off. Make sure you 'burp' the cooling system properly when you finish.

Comment

I very much doubt the t/stat is the cause of the heater issues.
                            The OP needs to free off the heater valve first to see if he has flow through the heater matrix.
                            Probably just needs a damn good flush, assuming there is enough coolant in there in the first place.
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

my heater control valve is inop from cable, will fix before summer .

remove the inlet hose, insert finger to check if flap open or closed.

if closed push to open

please note no lubrication required

Comment

Working...
                              X