Big trouble 2.4 manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big trouble 2.4 manual

Hi could anyone help me i bought a 2.4 ssrx td toyota surf 1993 manual transmision it had a blown turbo which has been refurbed and was whistling up a treat when fixed, but it beltches out grey smoke,someone told me it was over fueling,we have a flash code that comes up and its number 11 i got another ecu and crankshaft position sensor and throttle sensor off a working doner surf , new exhaust system and stripped down all the pipework and cleaned it inside and out tried the sensors and ecu off the doner surf and it wont start now, turns over ok but as its turning over i can hear a hissing around the area where the starter motor is, ive cheched all the hoses and cant see anything obvious . one of my friends said its to do with the aircon can someone please help me i really dont know what to do now , apart from calling it a day and giving up, but i really dont want to because ive spent so much money on it so far and think id love driving it when its hopefully fixed please please can anyone help.Also i'd like to purchase a manual for it if anyone has one to sell

I think the grey smoke is a clue.
    Have the injector pipes or fuel pump been touched recently? The hissing sound could be an air or vacuum leak.

Comment

Why did you change those sensors for a code 11. A code 11 could mean the TPS is not set properly.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=14958

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
        Why did you change those sensors for a code 11. A code 11 could mean the TPS is not set properly.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=14958

Nev
        Hi nifty nev ,thanks for getting back to me, my mate whos working on it told me to change the sensors & ecu he said try to rule out every possibility,at least i have spares now i suppose , what do you mean when you say the tps may not be set properly,and what do i have to do to set it right.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          I think the grey smoke is a clue.
          Have the injector pipes or fuel pump been touched recently? The hissing sound could be an air or vacuum leak.
          Hi bushwacker, thanks for getting back to me mate.the injector pipes were taken off and cleaned in case they were blocked for any reason, i dont think he took the fuel pump off though when the surf was started up it smoked a lot and the idle was really rough when you touched the throttle the revs went through the roof the hissing sound , sounds like air but he couldnt find anything noticable.

Comment

I think the injector pipes have been replaced incorrectly and the injection sequence is out.
            Were the pipes removed one at a time and refitted before before removing the next one?

Comment

Injector pipes.

3---1

4---2

Viewed from back of pump.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by greebo1 View Post
                Hi nifty nev ,thanks for getting back to me, my mate whos working on it told me to change the sensors & ecu he said try to rule out every possibility.what do you mean when you say the tps may not be set properly,and what do i have to do to set it right.
                Hi nifty nev ,thanks for getting back to me, my mate whos working on it told me to change the sensors & ecu he said try to rule out every possibility
                So, he does not have a clue then? Maybe your mate should leave it alone.

what do you mean when you say the tps may not be set properly,and what do i have to do to set it right.
                You follow the info in the link.

Nev

Comment

Big Trouble

Hi Nev really appreciate your time im sorry mate you said to follow the info on the link,what do you mean by that ,when my mate took the pipes off he took them off altogether an put them on the same way i dont think he used any sort of order ,the truck turns over ok but would that stop the truck from starting up.not much good on the computer i'm afraid so struggling.Thanks again

Comment

Big Trouble

Hi Bushwhacker my mate took the pipes off all at once and then put them back in a way that the pipes would fit back in because they weaved around other car parts the pipes could only go one way i think, if they were'nt put back in the right order would it turn over but fail to start?i just dont understand that the truck was running,ok it was running rough and smokeing but it did run, would the hissing vaccuum pipe stop the truck from starting.?because it wasnt hissing when we first ever started it up.Thanks for your time

Comment

Hi Nev really appreciate your time im sorry mate you said to follow the info on the link,what do you mean by that
                      The link in post number three. Check the pipes anyway.

Nev

Comment

Not much experience on the surf engine but on other toyotas I've worked on they have a vac controlled stop solenoid, but not sure about the surf???? Sure someone else will know if I'm talking balls lol.

Comment

Big Trouble

Hi Nev,
                          Well i've managed to get into that link brilliant thanks very much there is one more thing i forgot to mention the surf had an alarn which was dodgy so it was taken out because the wires were just twisted together and very badly done so my mate took all the dodgy wiring out, from my lasts two posts ive sent to you do you think the tps is the main culprit, or could it b the wiring thats at fault, my mate reckens that its an electrical fault because he reckens its not feeding the pump, but surely that goes back to the ecu? i dont suppose you have a wiring diagram that could help me so i can see from turning the key what it goes through to start up, whats puzzling me is that it started up when we refurbed the turbo, but now it wont start at all thank you so much for helping me out with this.

Comment

whats puzzling me is that it started up when we refurbed the turbo, but now it wont start at all thank you so much for helping me out with this.
                            Not surprised, sounds like your mates a bit gun ho, change this change that rip the wiring out etc etc.
                            Why not just do one thing at a time, anyone can keep changing lots of bits until they solve the problem. Someone that knows what they are doing only needs to change one part to solve the problem.
                            Sounds like you need to retrace all that has been done to get back to where you were after the turbo was refurbed and when it started ok but was smokey.
                            Since then your mate has done this done that, changed things and now it won't start, so I suggest the reason it wont start now is because of something hes done since it did start.
                            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                            My choice
                            Back off

Comment

Working...
                            X