Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang, and the head is gone!

Barry Scott would be proud!

Anywho, finally after 21 years (the head looks original!) the head has gone and I'm getting an almost instant exp[losion of water through the expansion bottle and bubbles everywhere (no water in the oil though which is something I've read here a lot).

As I have to get it together before going on holiday, can you give me a list of anything I may have missed?

I need to order from Roughtrax;

Exchange head, complete
    Head Gasket
    Head Bolts

Ironically it's has just been serviced so it has a new cam belt and tensioners kit, new thermostat, new rad cap, new filters (all) and full service so I can't think I need anything else.

My local garage are awesome and are lending me a vehicle and are going to fix it while I'm away (unfortunately my family holiday driving 700+ miles around Cornwall with as much off road is now ruined, I'm stuck on the tarmac in a tired '03 Vauxhall Astra!) but I need to order the parts and get them sent to them direct.

I'm sure if I search I could find it but I have no time and I'm stuck on my mobile typing away (which doesn't like the serach funstion for some reason?!) as my work computers and internet is down. It's not going well for me!!
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

I regretted not fitting a new water pump at the same time. Worth doing.

Comment

Working...
    X