Suspension problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension problem

My surf has THE most uncomfertable ride ever. I think its because it has aftermarket shocks on it and mis-matched springs. The shocks are adjustable Rancho 9000, does anybody know what are the best springs for these? and I think my car has a suspension lift but how can I find out for sure.

Also I want to stick 22 inch alloy wheels on it and lower the suspension can I do this on these shocks or do i need to replace them.
    [COLOR=Red][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]MMMMMmmmmm 4x4[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

You want to LOWER the suspension ?! Can you get all terrain tyres for 22" rims? Are you sure you've bought the right car ?

Mark
    :

Comment

Originally posted by McWibble
      My surf has THE most uncomfertable ride ever. I think its because it has aftermarket shocks on it and mis-matched springs. The shocks are adjustable Rancho 9000, does anybody know what are the best springs for these? and I think my car has a suspension lift but how can I find out for sure.

Also I want to stick 22 inch alloy wheels on it and lower the suspension can I do this on these shocks or do i need to replace them.
      BLING BLING.

Not really my taste but whatever goes. Probably look really trick but the rims are going to be mega expensive.

If you go for a lowering you will probably want to get softer shocks for it than the RS9000. RS3000 might be a good option. Problem with the Surf is the back end is really light when not loaded up and the RS9000 is a bit heavy duty unless you are loaded up.

Old Man Emu springs are supposed to be real good.

When you get it lowered, are you just going to get the springs cut down or are you going to get new ones, in which case make sure that you get some with a reasonably forgiving nature otherwise when you lower it you will end up breaking all your teeth - unless you put some really heavy sound gear in the back.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X