Kickdown cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickdown cable

Hi guys, i was changing the atf today when i noticed that the end has broken off the kickdown cable, hence it is no longer connected to the throttle. I've had a quick look on Rtrax and Milners and can't seem to find a replacement from there. Other than the dealers, where would be a good place to source one?

As for fitting it, the engine end looks straight forward but the gearbox looks to need the sump off. Does any one have an how-to or pics of this?

And finally, am i ok to still use the truck for a week or so until i can get the part and sort it?

Thanks
    Dazza
    Non consternationes.

Would have thought so i used borg warner 35 box for 3 years without one only hardship is moving lever ar pressing button to change down quickly,also found it slightly more economical since wasnt pressing pedal to floor each time.
    But no doubt cleverer people than me on this forum can confirm or deny

{IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}

Comment

Thanks AP, hoped that would be the case but i could still do with some pointers about fitting the cable into the gearbox.
      Ta
      Dazza
      Non consternationes.

Comment

Never done a surf but done loads of borg warners drop off sump pan after draining oil you will see a cam that cable fits to fit new cable if i remember correctly it has hole with slot for cable to slide in then refit and refill pan not sure how adjustment is set up on surf perhaps Tony N can help

{IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}

Comment

Working...
        X