Crunchy Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunchy Hoses

I have done a search but for the life of me can't find what I am looking for

Changed all the 19mm coolant hoses on the Surf at the weekend ,I had soo much fun and didn't get any cuts on my hands and fingers or arms and bleeding all the air out was really easy

Now,in the hoses was rusty crap.

Can I remember someone on here stating that this was a sign of head issues or do I have the head issues?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

It could be previous head issues, exhaust gasses in the coolant react with any steel parts and produce lots of rust when the head goes and its left for any time or it could just be corrosion from not enough coolant in the water.

Its is an old truck, some corrosion will be around inside the cooling system.

If you don't have any other coolant loss issues its probably fine and just lack of maintenance, or had a head done in the past, if you do, then its another indication of head issues.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It doesn't mean head issues at all, just 20 year old coolant hoses that have had rusty coolant pumped through them and some has stuck to the insides.

I had crunchy hoses on my 2.4, replaced them then sold the engine to someone on here about four years ago, and as far as I know still going strong.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Had a few weeps around some of the hose unions especially the hoses clamped with the original wire style clamps.
        But only losing 1/4 pint a month or thereabouts.

New hose and clamps all round now.(also did all the vacuum hoses as well).
        Tried in vain to clear the rear heater pipes from all the crud ,a previous owner had already linked out that heater pipe section.
        May well flush the system again in a couple of weeks and perhaps run some cleaner through as well but only if I can come up with a better bleed valve mod.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
        X