Rear window seals ln130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window seals ln130

Hi folks, firstly apologies if this isn't in the correct section. My rear end appears to have a leak somewhere in the rubber runners (surroundy bit that covers the upright and top section of the rear door/tailgate) and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get replacements or could I just use some clear silicone sealant on them?

Cheers
    Paul

Hi Paul,
    I have a similar problem. I took the horizontal rear window seal rubber off to treat corrosion underneath, and never got it back on properly again. As a result it does not seal and water leaks into the rear tail gate. I have been using electrical tape to seal the slight gap between rubber and the rear window which seems to stop the worst - however it means re-taping every time I have the rear window down.
    To try to keep the rear tail gate cavity dry I have taken out the carpet/hardboard panel, and also removed the pressed steel panel - I now run about most of the time with these panels off and thus all the tail gate internals on display to try to get some airflow to keep out the damp. It's not great but seems to help - finally I have an old sock full of (clean) cat litter thrown into the base of the rear tail gate to dry up the moisture.
    I'll be watching this thread for new rear window seals also.
    Greg

Comment

Cheers Greg, sounds very similar to mine only now my window won't go down or up but I can hear the relay clicking, In addition the reverse lights apparently don't come on (most likely a result of the water getting in) and with an mot coming up soonish i'll need to address these issues soon.

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X