heater question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater question

heater only blows on full power is there ,can anyone tell me where the resistor is located if it has one and can it be repaired or would i need a new one or is there any other problems that would make it only blow on full power cheers ,its a 2.4

Originally posted by alexgrfc View Post
    heater only blows on full power is there ,can anyone tell me where the resistor is located if it has one and can it be repaired or would i need a new one or is there any other problems that would make it only blow on full power cheers ,its a 2.4
    The fan speed slider switch is probably fubar.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Some info here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37430
      there is more but you'll have to search for it ...

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Resistor is under and toward rear of blower fan housing, passenger side footwell. If you need a new one make sure you use your Model and Frame number, as there's two types.

Nev

Comment

cheers guys ill get a look at it

Comment

If you're a pre-facelift it'll be different controls and resistor pack,

I have a pre-facelift and the info I used to repair mine I posted in this thread - http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67571

I hope it helps.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

thanks for that m8 really helpfull i had a look today but couldnt find it but now i know what im looking for it might be a bit easier lol, i take it its on the inside of the bulkhead then and not under the bonnet ?

Comment

Originally posted by niftynev View Post
                resistor is under and toward rear of blower fan housing, passenger side footwell. if you need a new one make sure you use your model and frame number, as there's two types.

Nev

Comment

This is what the fan and its motor fits into so look there.

Resistor is at the bottom of pic.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
                    If you're a pre-facelift it'll be different controls and resistor pack,

I have a pre-facelift and the info I used to repair mine I posted in this thread - http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67571

I hope it helps.
                    i was bearing this in mind ! i did look there today just double checking

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                      This is what the fan and its motor fits into so look there.

Resistor is at the bottom of pic.

Nev
                      cheers m8 i was under at it today staring at it all the time lol thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alexgrfc View Post
                        cheers m8 i was under at it today staring at it all the time lol thanks
                        You should have been looking for the resistor instead. Oh.....wait.....that's what you meant.

Let me know which one it is, ceramic covered or exposed wires and I can give you the part number.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                        X