red and green lights on dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red and green lights on dashboard

Hi all I'm sure this has been covered before. But I'm have a problem with the red and green dashboard lights. I've had the garage check the pipes that go to the turbo and they say that there fine but is there a sensor anywhere that could cause the light to come on and go off. The green light doesn't seem to come on at all but the turbo seems to be working as it should. Any help would be apreciated thanks.
    Tom

Which surf? the 2.4 or 3ltr? 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen?
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can only be a 2nd generation 2.4 with a green and red light. Red is engine check so if that comes on you need to do a fault code check. Green comes on under boost and is controlled by turbo sensor on back of air filter housing. Check the hose is attached to the bottom of it. Hose from manifold below throttle goes to a small filter then the sensor.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for the replies yes its the 2.4 td version on an F reg. the red light seems to come on intermittently. The green light doesn't come on yet the turbo still makes a noise. are there any pictures of the connections I need to check on here as they would be really useful as there seem to be alot of pipes by the air filter.
        Many thanks

Comment

1st pic and diagram on this page.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/turbovacuum.htm

Nev

Comment

Working...
          X