Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Leak

Hello

I have seen the threads about pump seals etc, but just want to be sure that is the cause or likely cause of my diesel leak. It is a pretty contstant drip, with a few minutes there is a small puddle.

I can see the diesel is dripping from somehwhere under the pump, but what ever angle I look, I can't see where it is coming from (with air con rad removed).

Should I just change the pump seals or are there any other that are common faults for leaks?
    Thanks

Tim

I have just found this

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41465

Think it explains my problem- sorry for the false alarm, should have searched a bit longer
    Cheers

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by barnboy View Post
      Hello

I have seen the threads about pump seals etc, but just want to be sure that is the cause or likely cause of my diesel leak. It is a pretty contstant drip, with a few minutes there is a small puddle.

I can see the diesel is dripping from somehwhere under the pump, but what ever angle I look, I can't see where it is coming from (with air con rad removed).

Should I just change the pump seals or are there any other that are common faults for leaks?
      Thanks

Tim
      Just on the off chance, is there any veg oil in the tank?
      Mine started leaking when I 80%+ the veg oil. It would stream out when cold, but hasn't lost a drop since stopping using it.
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

It used to run veg oil a year or so back before I got the truck, but just from the pump with me( although thinking veg oil may be going back in soon as 140/ litre is too much.

Thanks for your help though

Comment

Could be some truth in that at the moment- luckily I don't really follow it that much either.

Whats a Norfolk boy doing in Romania then? Never been there, but went a bit further over to the Ukraine for work this year and really want to go back, with the surf hopefully.

Comment

Working...
          X