Torque settings for rocker cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque settings for rocker cover

I recently changed the oil, which was completely black and staining a few driveways.

Now when I was filling it back up I noticed a bead of oil in the gap between the rocker cover and the head, the gasket is there before anyone asks lol.

That makes me think the gasket is gone or its not torqued correctly, would any one know the right setting?

cheers

well i just changed my gasket when i got old one off it was brittle i would just change it.

Comment

The gasket is rubber with metal spacers to govern compression of the gasket. Just do all bolts and nuts up firmly working in a pattern from centre to ends.

Nev

Comment

Check you have all the spacers Nev mentioned, if any are missing the cover will twist when you do it up and most likely leak.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Forgot to mention the little D shaped alloy block at rear of head. Remove and seal that with some sealant. Also add some sealant to the top of it and around the corners of the front of cam oil seal retainer.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by frostbite View Post

That makes me think the gasket is gone or its not torqued correctly, would any one know the right setting?

cheers
            Torque setting: Upto shear and back a flat!
            Life is not a dress rehearsal
            1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
            (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Comment

Working...
            X