Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that feckin rear window!

Hi All
    Been reading through a gazilion posts this weekend about rear window problems and come to the conclusion I'll have to ask the question about mine so sorry if its been answered before - I can't find it!
    I have an LN130 2.4 and the rear window is stuck in the up position. Inspection revealed a lot of rust around one side of the regulator and motor. I removed the motor then stripped and rebuilt it and it does work. The glass tries to lower but quickly seizes. It also seems to be sticking at one side only. I've come to the conclusion that I might as well replace the regulator however, how on earth do you remove the old one with the window closed?
    The glass drops down about 10mm then stops. It can then be returned up to the closed position. Have a feeling that rusting on one side of the window regulator is the problem but I'm open to suggestions!
    Any help much appreciated.

Remove the motor, WD the regulator and lower it by hand without the motor fitted. You can then open the tailgate and work on it in the horizontal position.

Once it's open you can close the latches on the side with a screwdriver and move the glass out to to the closed position so you can get to the regulator.

Don't forget to support the glass when you have it out as it'll fall out or break.

Comment

Thanks...........makes sense now!
      Just hope that the arms supporting the glass aren't seized with rust!!
      Many thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X