Engine light on the dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine light on the dash

Anyone know exactly what this means if it comes on?

I've had it into the garage to sort out the turbo and they say some of the hoses were in the wrong place and one was perished.
    They've sorted this out but now say the engine light comes on.
    Any ideas?

If it's the one in the middle of the tacho, it's there to tell you something is wrong with the engine and to get it fixed. Sounds like your garage either connected the pipes wrongly or screwed up the wiring. Get them to put it right.
    Mike G

Comment

Assume you mean the litle red light to the right of the green turbo light. It is the engine fault light, the mechanics must have disconnected or connected something in the wrong place for it now to come on.

Under the bonnet on the drivers side, is a small box with a flip top lid. This is for the diagnostics.

With the ignition off, transmission in P or N, a/c off and throttle fully released, connect the terminals E1 and TE1 with a small piece of wire or a paper clip.

Turn the ignition to on and codes should be displayed on the instrument cluster with the little check engine light.

For the 2LT, the engine check light opposite the turbo light will flash, count the flashes to correspond with the codes.

To clear any codes either disconnect the battery or remove the ECD relay for one minute."

Here are the 2LT/E fault codes:
      1 - Normal
      2 - Turbo boost pressure sensor
      4 - Coolant temperature sensor
      5 - Correction resistance (Pump)
      6 - Pump speed sensor (Pump)
      7 - Throttle position sensor
      8 - Intake air temperature sensor
      9 - Vehicle speed sensor
      10 - Starter switch
      11 - Switch sign (Vehicle not in P or N or A/C on)
      12 - Timer control valve (Pump)
      13 - Crank position sensor
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        Assume you mean the litle red light to the right of the green turbo light. It is the engine fault light, the mechanics must have disconnected or connected something in the wrong place for it now to come on.

Under the bonnet on the drivers side, is a small box with a flip top lid. This is for the diagnostics.

With the ignition off, transmission in P or N, a/c off and throttle fully released, connect the terminals E1 and TE1 with a small piece of wire or a paper clip.

Turn the ignition to on and codes should be displayed on the instrument cluster with the little check engine light.

For the 2LT, the engine check light opposite the turbo light will flash, count the flashes to correspond with the codes.

To clear any codes either disconnect the battery or remove the ECD relay for one minute."

Here are the 2LT/E fault codes:
        1 - Normal
        2 - Turbo boost pressure sensor
        4 - Coolant temperature sensor
        5 - Correction resistance (Pump)
        6 - Pump speed sensor (Pump)
        7 - Throttle position sensor
        8 - Intake air temperature sensor
        9 - Vehicle speed sensor
        10 - Starter switch
        11 - Switch sign (Vehicle not in P or N or A/C on)
        12 - Timer control valve (Pump)
        13 - Crank position sensor
        Ah ha! The codes!
        Nice one fella I really appreciate that. Looks like its the turbo boost pressure sensor.
        Something tells me I might need a new turbo
        Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X