Auto box cooler size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto box cooler size

I know this subject has been done over and over again but....
    i have seen an oil cooler that i think would suit but am not sure, it's dimensions are 50cm long by 6 1/2 cm high by 4cm deep's. i think this would fit neatly behind the lower grill but is it big enough to have a reasonable cooling effect? would it be good enough to disconnect cooler in bottom of main rad?

thanks
    Non consternationes.

Problem with bypassing the rad cooler completely is
    1. Whatever cooler you install needs to have at least and preferably a higher Kw/Btu rating than the rad cooler and
    2. to avoid overcooling, should ( IMO) also have a thermostat.

Your cooler "sounds" big enough to adequately cool the ATF and possibly even overcool but without being sure of its heat transfer capacity compared to the in rad one I would think its better to operate it in series with rather than bypassing. This way you cant overcool as the in rad one will bring your ATF back up to optimum temp if it gets overcooled and as we know overcooling is not good for the gearbox.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Thanks bogus, All sounds good to me. You're probably right about having it inline with the existing cooler/exchanger to save on complications with having to have thermostats and possibly having to fashion some sort of cooling fan/sensor. Any idea the I/d of the existing oil cooler lines so i can source some tube before install, should i drain and replace all ATF while fitting(never had an auto box before so not entirely sure how often this should be done)

dazza
      Non consternationes.

Comment

Working...
      X