fuel saving mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel saving mod

By accident i did not put on the a pipe after checking glow plug set-up and when I drove I noticed that the turbo boost did not come in at all. So I tried to get boost by demand and gave it some boot as normally drive with feather slippers on due to poor mpg (25) . The boost came on fine so all works as it should just dont come on all the time just by increasing speed a fraction.
    The pipe is the small 10mm running off the front of the EFi box. Im no tech guy but it works,
    does any one know any down side to closing this pipe off,
    thanks
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
    does any one know any down side to closing this pipe off,
    thanks

Yep, there'll be another four or five threads from you telling us that your truck isn't 'running right'.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Yep, there'll be another four or five threads from you telling us that your truck isn't 'running right'.

Comment

haha, but it is running right, better than ever in fact :P It has 74k miles on it but does anyone know if they zero in the miles on entry to UK? Im just wondering as injectors need changing at 100k and maybe time.....
        NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Doesn`t it occur to you after all the help and advice you`ve had off this site to do This
          You must of saved well over £15 or would of done if you`d took any of the advice offered
          If its running right as you say for god`s sake leave it alone

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
            haha, but it is running right, better than ever in fact :P It has 74k miles on it but does anyone know if they zero in the miles on entry to UK? Im just wondering as injectors need changing at 100k and maybe time.....
            Then WTF is this:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...720#post714720

Some kind of joke?

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
              Doesn`t it occur to you after all the help and advice you`ve had off this site to do This
              You must of saved well over £15 or would of done if you`d took any of the advice offered
              If its running right as you say for god`s sake leave it alone
              because injectors are a service item and have to or ment to be changed to stop them from going wrong or cost more on fuel ect....I bought this truck after it was standing for years in a guys garden and have never had an early diesel so never knew what to expect... I now see that the injector noise will never be silent due to the psi and thats ok but I want it to be as good as it was out the factory.... I dont see the problem ?
              NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                Then WTF is this:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...720#post714720

Some kind of joke?
                no i fixed that, was easy, bad connector on electrode
                NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Working...
                X