Cold start problems...why why why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold start problems...why why why?

I have just done a routine change of glow plugs and fitted the correct type with no problem and checked after to make sure the 12 v to buz bar was all good, I checked the fuse and thats good but it now turns over and over for ages to get it going soon as I did the glows plugs? It was fine before!
    I checked the air vacuum off the efi air box, made sure all clips are tight and I have no idea now why changing the plugs can make the vehicle not start fast...I even drilled a hole in diesel cap!
    desperate
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Just a thought, but maybe your fuel pump is now buggered?

Comment

I have found the problem but dont know how to sort it? I have power to the buz bar but no power at the plug end of the buz bar? the buz bar is on the plastic isolator, and the power plate point is on the buz bar so why is the current not traveling to the end as the bar is on the power?
      1.Blue Spacer
      2.Buss Bar Plate
      3.Wiring Plate
      4.Black Spacer
      5.Washer & Nut i know this is the right way so why no power at plug end of bar
      confused?
      Last edited by Diesel Turbo; 3 May 2011, 10:21. Reason: missed a bit
      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
        I have found the problem but dont know how to sort it? I have power to the buz bar but no power at the plug end of the buz bar? the buz bar is on the plastic isolator, and the power plate point is on the buz bar so why is the current not traveling to the end as the bar is on the power?
        1.Blue Spacer
        2.Buss Bar Plate
        3.Wiring Plate
        4.Black Spacer
        5.Washer & Nut i know this is the right way so why no power at plug end of bar
        confused?
        do like i do, vice grip onto busbar, jumper lead onto vice grip and battery positive for 10 seconds and away you go,

mine is a more difficult to sort problem though, my resistor is shagged and for the life of me my big hands cant get near resistor t0 change it...

Comment

ok mi stripped it all out and the busbar has slight corrotion on it! as only 11v it couldnt carry it i guess, But I have put it together with power at plug and still wont fire straight up! i think me and surf are going to go our seperate ways, as much as I love it I hate it also, too many things to do and not enough time to do it....
          NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

marmite truck

ok , if the engine runs spot on as soon as it fires up but wont fire up cold but will fire up hot it can only be ..... what? I have put new glows in and they have power to the plugs
            I love it and hate it!
            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

ok mi stripped it all out and the busbar has slight corrotion on it! as only 11v it couldnt carry it i guess, But I have put it together with power at plug and still wont fire straight up! i think me and surf are going to go our seperate ways, as much as I love it I hate it also, too many things to do and not enough time to do it....
              You're the one that's caused all it's problems...but if you're selling up,bye.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Try This

Comment

ok , if the engine runs spot on as soon as it fires up but wont fire up cold but will fire up hot it can only be ..... what? I have put new glows in and they have power to the plugs
                  I love it and hate it!
                  put your meter on your busbar rail and engine block, have you got power, relay will click out after a FEW seconds and no power to glow plug rail...

how do you start engine to see if it runs fine when hot??? KEEP DOING THIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                    Try This
                    no idea what that was sorry
                    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                      put your meter on your busbar rail and engine block, have you got power, relay will click out after a FEW seconds and no power to glow plug rail...

how do you start engine to see if it runs fine when hot??? KEEP DOING THIS!!!!
                      It starts after turning over and over for about 10 seconds, makes lots of smoke due to this. When hot it fires up straight away, I have power to plugs and buz bar obviously, It al worked fine til I changed the glow plugs.... I will pull them out and see if the plugs are dud, I guess power to the plug does not mean they are glowing....
                      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        You're the one that's caused all it's problems...but if you're selling up,bye.
                        why do u think I caused its problems, I adjusted pump due to diesel knock, that has gone so fixed it. not my fault it has so many faults, if it didnt would need a forum.....
                        NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Glow plug relay.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            Glow plug relay.
                            grrrr I have power for 10 seconds to plugs :-9
                            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

grrrr I have power for 10 seconds to plugs :-9
                              You are supposed to have, that how it works!!

Step away from the truck, I doubt there is anything wrong with it!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X