MOT time again, emissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT time again, emissions?

Hi all. To cut a long story short, I've moved house (100s miles) and have to find a new place to take the Surf to get the MOT done. I used to have loads of problems getting it through the emissions part of the test before I found a reasonable garage, but I remember seeing a discussion on here years ago about whether these vehicles needed an emissions test due to their age?

Can anyone comment?

Many thanks

They need to pass the emissions test. If your truck is knackered and will only pass at a 'friendly' mot station then make that 200 mile round trip.

Comment

Hmm, yeah I just did a bit more research and came up with the same - need to pass to 3.0m-1 whatever that means...

Many thanks

Comment

Make sure you get the engine really hot just before the test.

Comment

I just found something which says that cars which were manufactured before 1995 (when emission tests were introduced), and which weren't designed to meet the standards of the new emissions tests at manufacture are exempt. Were our Surfs definitely designed to make 3.0m-1 (whatever that means) when they were made?
          Last edited by Tonka; 3 May 2011, 00:40.

Comment

Its not exempt. Its exempt as far as meeting emissions specifically set for an individual model, but it has to meet a general standard set for diesel/petrol vehicles which were made prior to that rule being applied to new vehicles.
            As Bushwhacker said, drive it like you stole it prior to arriving at the test station and stick some SVO into your tank , I think that also helps.
            Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
            X