clutch slave cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch slave cylinder

Bit of bad luck, was retuning from a days 4wd'ing when my clutch shat itself

I had a look and sure enough its the clutch slave cylinder, leaking from the main seal.

Now.... my truck is out on some old dusty road in the middle of nowhere overnight or until i can get it home.
    The clutch fluid must be completely drained because i cant get it into gear at all.

Vehicle: 1989 Hilux Surf SSR 2.4L Turbo Diesel

1) where the hell do you fill the clutch fluid up from?
    2) if i fill it up do you think it could work just to get it home?
    3) how hard is it to replace the clutch slave cylinder? (any special parts etc...)

Thanks guys! all feedback very welcome!

-Chris
    4yrs and 2 surfs later...

You fill it up at the master cylinder on the bulkhead:

Master cyl

A repair kit is available at Toyota

slave cyl

But as ever the slave cylinder complete isn't expensive so probablly best to change it complete:

Roughtrax

Normally not to hard to change but I've never seen it on a 2.4, but you'll need two people to bleed it.

Comment

Slave cylinder is easy. Left side of bellhousing, a couple of bolts to undo and replace with new. Fill master cylinder (the smaller one near brake master) and then bleed at the slave cylinder nipple.

Nev

Comment

Bleed it with one of these if you`ve got no one to do the chore

Comment

Start it in gear, and drive it home.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Replies

Ploddit: Yeah that 3rd picture looks like it, ill have to find one somewhere in NZ, as for the diagrams - they hurt my brain :/

Nifty: Cheers mate, ill try and find a step by step on how to bleed properly

Schrodingers: im on a tight budget, as always so ill be doing it the old-fashioned 2 man way jumping on the clutch pedal

gwh200: it died going up a hill - unlucky - so when i finally got it into neutral i reversed it down hill again, unable to start in first as we were facing the hill on a single track farm road :/
            4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

id go out to where ever the surf is an put some fresh fluid in an bleed it...it mite hold fluid long enuf to get it home...an it should only take 5 or 10 mins to bleed it max!!...had the same prob on a few cars before

Comment

What you can see on the Slave cylinder parts diagram is that Toyota do a repair kit quite reasonable too.

04313-22020 marked as for a LN130 check price local and confirm if its good for your truck I'd prefer that to a new complete crap cylinder.

Comment

Working...
                X