what price on MKII to Facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what price on MKII to Facelift

I now know that I have the pre-facelift MII Surf and want to make it look like the facelift version.
    I notice that difference are bumpers, arches, lights and grill. What is a fair price for all these parts (I may have arches sorted)
    Many thanks
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

I could be wrong but I wanted to do the lights like you a few years back but the ones in the know on this forum ......you might guess who they are something to do with star colour (handy hint) said it was not "cost effective" ie far too much work...

I could be wrong though!!

Sorry not much help

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
      I could be wrong but I wanted to do the lights like you a few years back but the ones in the know on this forum ......you might guess who they are something to do with star colour (handy hint) said it was not "cost effective" ie far too much work...

I could be wrong though!!

Sorry not much help

Mark
      I bought the grill lights and indicators for 99p on ebay so bumpers and arches another £1.98 lol
      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Just remind me the point in your post if you have the parts already?

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
          Just remind me the point in your post if you have the parts already?
          he don't he is joking that he should be able to get them for 1.98

Comment

I have retro fitted arches to my pre-facelift 2nd Gen but the lights and grill are a different matter.
            The front requires totally different mounting setup for the headlights.
            I looked into it but you'd have to do a lot of drilling and fettling to make the parts fit if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Ray.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
              I have retro fitted arches to my pre-facelift 2nd Gen but the lights and grill are a different matter.
              The front requires totally different mounting setup for the headlights.
              I looked into it but you'd have to do a lot of drilling and fettling to make the parts fit if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Ray.
              I did try to say that but he has only lost 99p !!

Comment

The front wings are different too.

Comment

yeah, the indicators are different, so if you can't fit the headlights and grille, the wings arn't alot of good either.

I've never tried it, but every post I've read says its a major headache.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    The front wings are different too.
                    True, the wings are different in two major ways.
                    Firstly the wide body ones have a full set of clip holes in the to accomodate the arch clips but I didn't bother drilling them, I just made sure the under wing clips were well done up and I haven't had a problem.
                    The other thing is that due to the indicators being different and on the side of the side light there is no side repeater in the wing, not too much trouble there, some drilling and a bit of wiring but your major problem will be getting the headlights and headlight setup adjusters installed correctly.
                    The side light and headlights connect together differently, the side lights on the post facelift slot onto the headlights whereas the pre facelift onces are held in placve by the grille.

All good fun if you want to give it a go.

Personally I am doing something a bit different, I plan to leave the square headlights as I like them and then change the side lights for the newer ones and fit side repeaters into the wing mirrors, just to be a bit different.

Each to their own and if you do take the task on then take loads of pictures!

Cheers,

Ray.
                    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
                    X