Glow plugs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plugs....

I notice that there are many sorts of glow plugs and listed in Ebay are Toyota Hi Lux 2.4TD 4x4 62kw 08.88>08.97. Are these the right ones for 90 H .. mine :-)
    Also I notice that they are 12V but how does that stack if you have 2 batteries fitted ? many thanks for your help
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
    Also I notice that they are 12V but how does that stack if you have 2 batteries fitted ? many thanks for your help
    It's still 12v even if it's got 2 batteries. They are wired in parallel not in series.

Comment

?

parallel not series, was that English haha, please explain I know very little about this, cheers
      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
        parallel not series, was that English haha, please explain I know very little about this, cheers
        Essentially they are wired up so they don't add the 2 voltages together. They add the available power (amperage) together instead.

Comment

A lot of Ebay Glow Plugs are cheap Chinese. Look for a brand like Bosch or NGK.
          Sould be part numbers on here somewhere if you look for those brands.

Nev

Comment

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=609&vid=107

"proper ones"

I'm ordering some next week, need replacements on my truck cold starts are getting bad, voltage fine on the buzz bar.

peace
            cal
            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Name is best..

I like to use name brads but price has to come into it too. I know it is a false economy buying cheep changing twice so will check prices, many thanks all
              NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Working...
              X