yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clunking from steering when turning right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunking from steering when turning right?

I have a new steering rack in but when I turn hard right I get some clunking noises? ... may be linked to it but at 50 kph I get a rumple but all bearings are good and I have new tyres and just past MOT any ideas guys, many thanks
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

OK, first of all there is no steering rack on your Surf.
    Second, the noise is most likely the steering stops, they just need a blob of grease on them.

Comment

no rack?

what is the part that joins from the steering wheel inside the engine called? thanks for help and advise
      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

steering

I think its called a recirculatory steering box,needs oil every so often,turns the movement of the steering wheel/shaft through a worm and peg set up into steering the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          OK, first of all there is no steering rack on your Surf.
          Second, the noise is most likely the steering stops, they just need a blob of grease on them.
          What the man says!! personally I like the metallic scraping noise as I pull a uturn...

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
            I think its called a recirculatory steering box,needs oil every so often,turns the movement of the steering wheel/shaft through a worm and peg set up into steering the wheels
            Thats the thingy, thanks
            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Working...
            X