Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cylinder head - urgent

bought a 2.4 with cracked head.
    has any1 bought one of the bare heads off ebay, or where is the best place to get a new head cheap.

also i take it that its fine to swap all the bits from my head over to the bare head, camshaft/valves etc.

anything else to note etc.

need a quick reply if poss.
    thanks

nick

costs involved please as well. i will be doing all the work myself.

thanks
    nick

Comment

Whats the rush? Its the evening!!

Cheap and 2.4 cylinder heads don't mix, I wouldn't trust a random Ebay head, go to Roughtrax or Stevo to make sure you get a proper uprated head.

There's no extra costs if you do it yourself, but you're relying on the all valve's not needing different shims if you buy a bare head.

You need the whole kit, head bolts, gaskets, etc...
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

and if you do need it doing for you you're relatively close to Tony (the poster above) who is a safe pair of hands to leave it with

Comment

sorry basically i have been offered the car, and i need to let him know if i want it in the morning.

like u say, cheap usually means rubbish.

i have found roughtrax have a special offer on a complete new head with valves all shimmed, camshaft etc etc ready to bolt on for £598, with everything else that needs doing at the same time such as cambelt, gasket, other top end gaskets, bolts etc, im looking at £813.50 inc vat and a service kit,( oil and filters)

what sort of money does steve charge for a head ready to bolt on?

been offered the car for £400. dont 100k, black surf 2.4td ssrx. with 12 months mot.

does this sound like a cheap truck, (£1200 inc parts costs) what sort of money would i pay for a truck ready to roll. at least once done this truck will have had all the major work carried out.

what do you think it would be worth once all repaired with new top end, cambelt, service and 12 months mot.

many thanks
          nick

Comment

£1,200 for a sorted 2.4 is over the top of the market, for me. Having said that, if you buy it, fix it, run it for 2 years and sell it, you'll still get £800 - £1,000 for it.

Maybe even get an idiot to pay more on eBay.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
              and if you do need it doing for you you're relatively close to Tony (the posuer above) who is a safe pair of hands to leave it with

Fixed that for ya!

Comment

Working...
              X