Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I move this ???

Hi

I am stuck trying to get the half shaft outhttp://img219.imageshack.us/f/frontw...shatfstuc.jpg/]

in the link is a piccy I want to move the white u shaped bar up I have removed the nuts from the pink circle and want to lever the red bar back to free the half shaft. However with the bolts removed from the circle area I cannot get the white bar to lift.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Mark

The part marked with the white U is the upper wishbone.
    The part in the pink circle is the upper balljoint.
    The part marked in red is the hub assembly.

The balljoint is probably rusted to the wishbone looking at the condition of it. It needs a good clout to knock it through.

p.s. remove the anit-rollbar link to allow the lower wishbone to drop also.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 February 2011, 16:22.

Comment

Hi Bushy

I have managed to lift the wish bone off the ball joint but its under a lot of pressure...kinda like the upper wish bone is spring loaded pushing down on to the ball joint. is there a way to get the wishbone to go up or remove the tension off it?

Then I can lever the hub assembly to me as you told me last time and pop the half shaft out

Have removed the ARB link as well but no Joy

Thanks
      Mark
      Last edited by madcampbell; 19 February 2011, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
        Hi Bushy

I have managed to lift the wish bone off the ball joint but its under a lot of pressure...kinda like the upper wish bone is spring loaded pushing down on to the ball joint. is there a way to get the wishbone to go up or remove the tension off it?

Then I can lever the hub assembly to me as you told me last time and pop the half shaft out

Have removed the ARB link as well but no Joy

Thanks
        Mark

The torsion bar will be pushing the wishbone down.
        You need to jack the hub assembly up and place a lump of metal or similar between the wishbone and chassis to hold it in that position when you lower the jack.
        Sorry, forgot to mention that bit in the previous post.

Comment

Real dumb question which is the torsion bar!!thanks

Comment

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/

They're attached to the chassis one end and to the upper wishbone the other end. They are the 'springs' in the front suspension, they work with a twisting action. the more the wishbones move upward, the more tension the torsion bars will be under, the same as a coil spring.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/

They're attached to the chassis one end and to the upper wishbone the other end. They are the 'springs' in the front suspension, they work with a twisting action. the more the wishbones move upward, the more tension the torsion bars will be under, the same as a coil spring.
              Thanks for the help Bushy

Comment

Working...
              X