High beam on...Everybody's excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High beam on...Everybody's excited

Need your help again if possible mates. I have lost the low beams on my 1991 Surf entirely...both at the same time. The high beams work in both the flash position and the normal high beam operation...although the blue indicator light in the dash does not come on when they are on high, even though it always used to. My truck has the H4 bulbs installed and they are very bright and are causing oncoming drivers fits. On my drive into work today I would take them out of the high beam position when driving into oncoming traffic. When I do this the running lights stay on. Any suggestions as to where to start checking are appreciated.
    1991 Hilux Surf 2.4td
    2.5" exhaust, Cherry Bomb muffler
    Custom winch bumper, Warn 9500HS
    Boost Controller running 13lbs
    Dual Optima Red Tops
    K&N Air Filter

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you checked the bulbs? You don't say.

One bulb dosn't often last long when the others goes, its not unknown for them both to blow if you don't notice one blown straight away.

Then check fuses, and relay. You need to find how far the power goes, get a multi meter on the fuses, bulb sockets, and the relay sockets.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Headlight Issues

Thanks Tony...I'm at work today, and pulled it into the shop here. Fuses will be the first thing I check, followed by the bulbs, and then the relays and the switch itself.
      1991 Hilux Surf 2.4td
      Dual Optima Red Tops
      K&N Air Filter

Comment

I had the same problem last month the bulbs had Blown ! Kevin.
        enjoy

Comment

Lights @ End of Tunnel

The lights are back on at the end of the tunnel...and they are MINE! Thanks Tony for the advice. For some reason, when I saw that both bulbs were out, I was thinking bigger problems than the bulbs being burnt. However my wife has been Surfing lately and I have had the car, so it may be that she did not notice the first bulb going and subsequently the second (which is when I got the truck back). New bulbs installed and we are right as rain again. Good lesson learned...always check the little things first.
          1991 Hilux Surf 2.4td
          Dual Optima Red Tops
          K&N Air Filter

Comment

Working...
          X