Greasing UJs & front diff filler?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greasing UJs & front diff filler?...

Hi guys!! It's good 2 be back on the board again cos I haven't been around l8ley!!... Just a couple of questions??...
    I have a 2.4td Hilux Surf LN130..
    1) When I grease the UJs do I just use a regular grease gun & pump some in2 all the grease nipples that I find around the joints? Also, what type of grease should I be using?..
    2) Has anybody got directions for renewing the FRONT diff oil?? Pref with some photographs!... Whereabouts on the front diff is the filler hole? I know it's on the top somewhere & am just trying 2 locate it & find out what parts have 2 be removed 2 get 2 it!!!
    Thanks guys!!

1) Yes, just use standard grease or you can use moly grease if you want.

Not sure about 2) but I believe it's on the front of the diff, not the top, as it also acts as a level for the oil.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
      1) Yes, just use standard grease or you can use moly grease if you want.

Not sure about 2) but I believe it's on the front of the diff, not the top, as it also acts as a level for the oil.
      Cheers m8- thanx for ur help on that one- reckon it's going 2 be a bit of a pig getting 2 the filler on the front diff!!!...

Comment

Some of the joints use moly grease, others use normal. Best to have a grease gun of each as the balljoints use moly grease too.

Comment

Do the balljoints have grease nipples too then?..... Didn't know that! Thanx!

Comment

Most do - sometimes they're fitted with blanking bolts.

Comment

They are factory fitted with blanking bolts. If you need grease nipples they are M6. Bottom need angled and straight will do for the top.

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X