fuel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel leak

hi guys i have a bit of a diesel leak i think its coming from the pump but not sure. is there any seals it could be, common to failure or can anybody think off anywhere else it might be leaking from you cant see anything from above it smelt of fuel for a bit but when i changed the oil today i noticed diesel around the sump drain
    david
    2.4 1992

You've been a member since 2006 and you haven't noticed or read anything on here about fuel pump seals?

David Cameron (Conservative) is PM now by the way in case you hadn't noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      You've been a member since 2006 and you haven't noticed or read anything on here about fuel pump seals?

David Cameron (Conservative) is PM now by the way in case you hadn't noticed.
      i drowned my last surf 4 years ago bud just picked one up this week for a few hundred quid its got a few niggles all i want to know is, is this a easy job hard job garage only job are the seals avalible anybody took photos that might help me if i remember back when i had my 3.0l you seemed to be a bit more forth coming with your mighty knowlege mr bushwhacker (joke) lol

Comment

This is for the 2.4, but I guess the procedure is the same for the 3.0?

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

Comment

This is for the 2.4, but I guess the procedure is the same for the 3.0?

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm
          thank you bushwhacker i now have a 2.4 i will up date my profile asap
          but after going out to check its the same it actully looks dryish compared to bottom of the manifolds nearer the back of the engine is there any pipes or that round about there i should be check i cant imagine there is unless the pipe from the filter goes by there

ps david who i thought it was maggie thatcher

Comment

Check the white plastic water drain-off fitting at the bottom of the fuel filter is closed. It may have been opened recently to drain off any water in the fuel and not tightened up properly.
            Or the filter itself could be loose and dripping.

Apart from the actual fuel line fittings, those two items are above where your leak appears to be.

Comment

Check the white plastic water drain-off fitting at the bottom of the fuel filter is closed. It may have been opened recently to drain off any water in the fuel and not tightened up properly.
              Or the filter itself could be loose and dripping.

Apart from the actual fuel line fittings, those two items are above where your leak appears to be.
              will have a better look in the morning
              anybody on the forum good for spares that you know of i need a caliper and a wing

Comment

Check out the 'Parts for sale' section.

Comment

wow theres lots of bit for sale there never been that far down the board index

Comment

I can tell!

Comment

I can tell!
                      lol im not great at forums i do reconise a few of the names though, you guys are commited

Comment

Working...
                      X