help orange light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help orange light

Hi all, Its a long time since i lasted posted for help. A week past on monday i gave my surf, a 2.4 manual ssrxg an oil /filter /air filter/derv filter, and topped up the antifreeze. I also replaced what i thought was an in-line filter that sits on one of the fuel lines on the top of the derv tank. It was only after removing the filter and cutting in to it to see what it looked like on its inner gubbins that i found out that it was not a filter, but inside it was a spring, with a one way rubber diaphragm. Well it was to late just to pop it back from where i had removed it from, so all i could do was leave the one-way in line derv filter that i got to replace it. All ran well until i was on my way back from night shift last Friday. I was driving up a small hill out of the village of Burnhouse on the A736 when my surf started to lose power. It came back to full power for about another 2 min and then the engine warning light came on. I managed to limp the surf in to a lay by and it would run on idle up to around 750/1000 rpm and ran dead lumpy on fast idle. I called the break down and explained what was wrong, and after hearing that the engine management light was on, they sent a wrecker to recover me back home. I read up on how to bridged the diagnosis's ports E to EU and the orange light flash's ones every 4 seconds for as long as the power is on. Can someone please tell me what the best way to get my surf back to full health
    Last edited by jeff.fn02jwa; 17 December 2010, 06:36. Reason: poor punctuation edited by dyslexia tutor
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Fault codes are TE1 and E1.

Punctuation man!!! Its to late in the evening to be wading thorugh shite posts working out what the hell is going on!!

But here goes....

I wouldn't sweat on anything being wrong till you replace the vent on the tank, the fault code is probably a fuel pressure problem due to the vent you took off and the pump not being able to suck fuel properly.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
      hi all, its a long time since i lasted posted for help . A week past on monday i gave my surf, a 2.4 manual ssrxg, a oil /filter /air filter/derv filter and topped up the antifreeze. Oh i also replaced what i thought was a in line filter that sits on one of the fuel lines on the top of the derv tank. It was only after removing the filter and cutting in to it to see what it looked like on its inner gubbins, that i found out that it was not a filter but in side it was a spring with a one way rubber diaphragm. Well i was to late just to pop it back from where i had removed it from so all i could do was leave the one way in line derv filter that i got to replace it.
      All ran well until i was on my way back from night shift last friday, i was driving up a small hill out of the village of burn house on the a736, my surf started to lose power then came back to full power for about another 2 min, and then the engine warning light came on i managed to limp the surf in to a lay by, and i would run on idle up to around 750/1000 rpm and ran dead lumpy on fast idle. I called the break down and explained what was wrong and after hearing that the engine management light was on, they sent a wrecker to recover me back home.
      I read up on how to bridged the diagnosis's ports e to eu, and the orange light flash's ones every 4 seconds for as long as the power is on can some please tell me what the best way to get my surf back full health?

:d:

Comment

Working...
      X