heat loss within the heater ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat loss within the heater ?

powys minus 18 last night.....i live there. I hasve added an old merc booster pump in line on the heater hose, removed the valve to ensure full flow, but still only gaining a few degrees of heat. Good volume from the blower, flaps so far as I can tell fully calling for heat, outlet pipe from the bulkhead hot, inlet very hot - so why is the air not heating ? On recirc luke warm, should be burining. What should I check ?

have you tried it without the booster? you might be pumping it through the matrix to quick!

Most surf heaters are roasting.

Otherwise matrix must be blocked.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

too fast ?? My logic is if hot water is going through faster than cold air, heat gain. If hot water goes through slow, cold air cools the matrix. Uneasy conclusion ....matrix blocked Bugger. Why ? You buggers got mains water pressure. Ive got a (frozen) spring supply. May get a calor gas heater instead Ho Ho until the freeze goes. Feb apparently !

Comment

LOL, just an idea, no idea if it is that. LOL.

On a more definate note....

If you have hot water going in, and you're sure all you flaps are in the right place, and the blower motor is working, there can't be much else wrong than the matrix is blocked and the coolant is bypassing most of the matrix.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Last year I steam cleaned my matrix 3 times in both directions and I actually had some heat, now it's cold I have none, I like you have hot pipes in and out,
          I am sure my matrix is mostly blocked will clean again tomo and gonna get some strong acid down the pipes and try shift the blockage out of the matrix core, anyone got a better plan, some #### previously has put just water and rad weld in my surf / rust

Comment

Working...
          X