Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow plugs dont fit my head

hi there.
    i have a 1991 2.4l surf. however the glow plugs i ordered for it dont fit the head. the plugs i pulled out are 7 volt bosch 0 250 202 054. are these supposed to fit the 85 2.4l head. if so this must be the head the engine was fitted with by the previous owner. i had a garage fit these plugs for me about two years ago.i didnt know any better and didnt think to ask.i just thought they were the right ones and assumed the head was the 1991 2.4l head. the question i guess is am i stuck with these 7 volt plugs or is there a 12 volt that fits this head.did they fail beacause of the 12 volt system
    i am assuming its my plugs that are causing my truck not to start. it had been getting harder and harder to start in the mornings even with it plugged in all night. and it would smoke fairly bad for a minute or so until the engine warmed up. then it would start fine all day,as long as it hadnt been sitting to long. if it sat for a few hours it would turn over for a while and start but smoke like a chimney. until one morning it just wouldnt start at all. just turned over till the battery died. the thing is, this all happened in july. shouldnt need to be plugged in period.
    thanks in advance for any advice.

You can't have an '85 head on a '91. Completely different. Yours is the bucket and shim type and the '85 has rockers.

Bosch GPT-223 is what you need. They are an 11V plug. The glow system operates at around 10.5V max.

Nev
    Last edited by NiftyNev; 24 August 2010, 09:10.

Comment

250202006 is I believe, the other Bosch number.

Nev

Comment

thanks nev. i'll check into those numbers. what other head could i have?

Comment

Either the original 2.4 head or a 3L head which is basically the same thing anyway. Both will have the same size thread for glow plugs. Thread is a m10 x 1.25.

Nev

Comment

thanks again nev.

Comment

Working...
            X