2nd Gear on transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gear on transmission

Hello, i recently removed both batteries and soon after notice that my transmission is taking longer to move from 2nd gear, before it shifted really smooth and easy under 1200rpm now it,s closer to 2000rpm, also i am not getting overdrive, usually after 80km overdrive kicks in and the rpm drops from bellow 1500...now i cannot tell if it is coming in.
    Is it possible to loose the setting on the ecu, it has a 5l engine that is not the original engine,no ecu on that but there is an ecu for the transmission.
    Do i need to recheck the tps setting?

Or could the oil if a little dirty cause that?
    Right now the oil may need changing and it is about 4mm under the mark when hot could that be the problem also?

Thanks.

Comment

lol, sorry, but its a hard one......

changing the battery shouldn't have upset anything, unless you shorted anything out while doing it. most ECUs don't loose their settings when no battery is connected.

i wouldn't say 4mm under is to much to cause concern, but changing the oil is the first place to start anyway.

wierd shifting and no overdrive is normally the ECU on 2nd gen trucks, but its all part of the engine ECU, so no idea how yours works.

you can also fault find dodgy solonoids with the ECU, but as above not sure you have a diagnostics socket anymore.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tony, thanks for the reply.
        It does have a diagnostics port, i used it for adjusting the tps.

It just happened right after i took the batteries off, it did not short circuited,but one of the battery maybe on it's way out.....

Comment

Does anyone have a diagram of the transmission so i can tell which sensor is for what and there location.
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X