clutch fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch fault

i have 2.4 manual surf clutch went took gear box off and found that fly wheel has gone as well can u weld fly wheel up so it is solid

No
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

why cant it be welded all the springs droped out when i tock off the gear box what are the springs in for

Comment

It's a dual mass flywheel, the springs do stuff then fall to bits. I suppose you could weld it up, but then you'd need to true and balance it. Most folk just replace it with a solid flywheel from Roughtrax.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          It's a dual mass flywheel, the springs do stuff then fall to bits. I suppose you could weld it up, but then you'd need to true and balance it. Most folk just replace it with a solid flywheel from Roughtrax.
          thanks for info

Comment

You can turn them into a solid flywheel and it has been done. but you are better off doing the solid conversion and don't forget to replace the rear main seal and spigot bearing.

Nev

Comment

I've done the solid change on mine, it's cheaper than the dual mass replacement but as a by-product you do get a lot more gearbox chatter when sat idling (in neutral or with the clutch pressed in waiting at traffic lights for instance).

The solid flywheel is 240mm so get the right clutch to fit (Roughtrax do a kit).

If you have a pre-facelift like mine then the clutch is 225mm and, like me, you'll notice a much more responsive clutch when it's all upgraded to 240mm.
              If it is a pre-facelift then you may also need to change your clutch actuator pin (the pin in the clutch slave cylinder that pushes the clutch fork) as it may be too short to fully disengage.

Thanks,

Ray.
              I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

clutch fault

i have welded the fly wheel so it is solid i have spoke to jack at roughtrax and he said that they have welded them up as well it has a 240mm clutch kit and a new seal and a new bearing

Comment

Working...
                X