Blown radiator(cont.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown radiator(cont.)

Further to my blown rad(spectacular),the new one is in with a new thermo/rad cap and all is well,the o/flow bottle is sucking and blowing with no loss of coolant,so fingies X'ed.
    But if your rad blows,dont always think the worst,I did and did'nt sleep for a week worrying,so dont!
    CURRY-ER

My rad blew one day after getting it £265 later one is on order any one knwo how long it will take a garage to fit it. Would do it myself but too many wheels on it for me to start taking things off it

AJP

Comment

rad

Hi Duncan... Where did you get your new rad from, just incase mine goes...ta

Comment

Try Parts Plaza, the number is on this web site somewhere, there address is
        PARTS plaza
        UNIT 20
        mARSHGATE lANE
        Stratford
        London
        E15 2NH

They did me a new one for £165 (TD Auto)

cheers Ronnie

Comment

As mine was done on warranty(hopefully-but thats another story),came direct from Toyota £265+vat.In total £519.81,expensive little motors these!Dont get confused by the prices an auto-box rad is a lot more expensive than a manual box,why?,beats me.Perhaps someone in the know can shed some light.
          CURRY-ER

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
            As mine was done on warranty(hopefully-but thats another story),came direct from Toyota £265+vat.In total £519.81,expensive little motors these!Dont get confused by the prices an auto-box rad is a lot more expensive than a manual box,why?,beats me.Perhaps someone in the know can shed some light.
            Because the auto-rad incorporates the gearbox cooler
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
            X