autobox niggles!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autobox niggles!!!!

morning guys. spent an hour or so trawling the autobox problems you have through the search and have not managed to find a problem simmilair to the one i am experiencing on my 1990 2.4 surf.
    basically there is a couple of niggles.
    when driving along around 15-20mph just feathering the throttle it sometimes feels like the autobox has disenaged and i am coasting i have to get revs to around 1500 rpm before it feels i am actually driving again rather than coasting i dont think this is normal and it poses problems coming to hills as it slows right down until i increase above 1500rpm . also the old gearbox doesnt like holding onto third gear. if i plant the accelerator from a stand still it holds 1st and 2nd until around 4000rpm but 3rd changes to fourth at 3000 all the time. even if im in 4th and plant it again to kickdown it will still change back to 4th at 3000rpm 3rd is the only gear it does this in. any ideaS WOULD BE APPRECIATED think ill have a go at changing the oil soon but dont think that will mke any differrece really. thanks for listening guys!!!

90% of auto transmission problems are caused by low, old or dirty fluid, the other 10% is sticking valves, worn components and kickdown cables.

Re-new the fluid first either by draining the transmission via the sump bolt or the two bucket method (do a search for 'two bucket')

Remember the check the fluid level with the engine idling and let us know the outcome before we go any further.

Comment

Working...
    X