coolant temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant temperature sensor

can anyone please tell me the best way to change the coolant temperature sensor on my 2nd gen 2.4 surf.i have had a look and cant even see the old one.thanks peeps

isnt it just below the therm housing, has a wire going into it? or is that just the electric fan sensor???
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Replacing coolant temperature sensor

Originally posted by purplebeard66 View Post
      can anyone please tell me the best way to change the coolant temperature sensor on my 2nd gen 2.4 surf.i have had a look and cant even see the old one.thanks peeps
      The defective one is located just above the starter on the 2LTE. It is a bit of a pain to get at. I took the 2 nuts off which hold the fuel filter in place and just dangled it closer to the passenger fender for room. I then took off the EGR pipe...4-12mm nuts to remove it. I also took off the vacuum device below the EGR pipe...just remember which lines go where, although there are only 3 to worry about. With all of these things out of the way, you will now be able to see the sensor above the starter.

I didn't end up having to remove mine...so I don't know what size socket is required to do that part of the job. The wires on the connector going into mine were broken...so my repair is even more fun than yours will be. Hope that helps.
      1991 Hilux Surf 2.4td
      2.5" exhaust, Cherry Bomb muffler
      Custom winch bumper, Warn 9500HS
      Boost Controller running 13lbs
      Dual Optima Red Tops
      K&N Air Filter

Comment

Working...
      X