now the heads gone what else can I expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now the heads gone what else can I expect

Hi all, I have two hilux pickups a Mk1 (big steve) and a Mk2 (the unguided missile) which both apear to be totally indistructable and with the help of a little offroading helped me get my current girlfreind RRRRRRRAAAAAAAA.
    She was so impressed (not by me, but with the toyota) that she decided on a 2.4 diesel turbo ssrX in red on a K plate 81,000k on the clock (I also told her that the engines are bullet proof, Doh.) Anyway the heads gone in under 2 months of purchasing it, its in the garage having the sent head off to be tested.
    So my question is what else is likely to go, or need changing?

A personal thought Why have toyota let them selves down so badly on this product and why was there never a recall
    Regards
    Mike
    Last edited by Journeyer10; 15 June 2004, 08:45.
    You Know the rules There are no rules

Originally posted by Journeyer10
    Hi all, I have two hilux pickups a Mk1 (big steve) and a Mk2 (the unguided missile) which both apear to be totally indistructable and with the help of a little offroading helped me get my current girlfreind RRRRRRRAAAAAAAA.
    She was so impressed (not by me, but with the toyota) that she decided on a 2.4 diesel turbo ssrX in red on a K plate 81,000k on the clock (I also told her that the engines are bullet proof, Doh.) Anyway the heads gone in under 2 months of purchasing it, its in the garage having the sent off to be tested.
    So my question is what else is likely to go, or need changing?

A personal thought Why have toyota let them selves down so badly on this product and why was there never a recall
    Regards
    Mike
    A batch of badly designed heads, apparently the waterways were to close to the valve guides. Make sure a NEW head is fitted, not recon, stitched etc. Once replaced you should then just enjoy the motor. There was local service recall and not honoured outside the market the Surf was produced for, believe me I have tried.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Working...
    X