How do I Find error codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I Find error codes?

My Gen2 is sick, I have no manual, what is the procedure to find error codes yourself? In English pls. Sorry Idiot terms. One thing after another at the moment with her! But it would be good to sort me Surf out! Been searchin how to do it but cant find step by step instructions. (How many times have you guys had this question?)
    I love her, but she keeps on taking!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ighlight=codes (about a quarter of the pane down i think...) just look at the engine bay fuse box and there is a little diagnostics box.... just bridge the terminals with a special toyota check code tool

well guess you could use a paperclip

or to be proper get a bit of light cable (couple of inches long) and strip the ends, bridge the terminals and count the flashes of the engine check light.

You can also blank the memory on the ecu by disconnecting batteries for about 20 min i think to clear any old fault codes logged then drive it round for a bit, then do the check.

also there is a in-depth code check that you do while running but i cant remember what you do for that one sorry

Rob
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Your link sucks....

hehehe, like I said yesterday, they are in the sticky servicing thread...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanx Rob, Makes sence now, And Tony! You are the man! That link was great, is that service guide relevant to 2gen 2.4? Soz that was a dumb ass question it clearly said 3.0. Do you have a guide for the2.4 on file pls? Dont put yourself out tho mate compiling one especially. As for my previouse problem she seems fine now, there is a change in engine tone and different vibrations but feels like shes driving better now. Ive not driven another surf so I have no comparison, she seems to be reaching cruising speed easier, still sounds like a bag o spanners 1st thing for a few secs but definatley less smoke. Shes always seemed under powered to me and a slug up hill. I checked th AT fluid this morn which read between the hot notches, ( Yeah I over filled it!) Could this be a problem? Also noticed oil on a pipe connected to the turbo! Boost light comes on at 2k rpm, turbo sings but has always been uneventfull haha. Will check for error codes as directed by Rob.
        I only wanted a 4x4 to get me from a 2 b and pull a jet ski! What Ive got now is a life style change

Comment

Originally posted by Estwing View Post
          I only wanted a 4x4 to pull a jet ski
          Is that why you bought a Surf
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

It'll still sink though...
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yes it was! The van use to float, and generally had to be towed up the slip, by some smug sod in a 4x4! Then got the surf and discovered I could drive in the sea, then out, on sand a nd pebbles! And now Im the smug sod haha. Then discovered MUD! I convert barns out in the stix generally Hampshire, lots o mud flooding snow and mud, am still the smug sod pulling the lads motors out of trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Estwing View Post
                Yes it was! The van use to float, and generally had to be towed up the slip, by some smug sod in a 4x4! Then got the surf and discovered I could drive in the sea, then out, on sand a nd pebbles! And now Im the smug sod haha. Then discovered MUD! I convert barns out in the stix generally Hampshire, lots o mud flooding snow and mud, am still the smug sod pulling the lads motors out of trouble
                if your driving into the sea then you need to pressure wash the truck as the salt will eat into it.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hayling Island and Bognor generally. If you know them then you can picture it.

Comment

Jet wash, Hell yeah! Always pressure washed Ski after outingas the salt can break down the laquer and wax, just like a surf board. Absolutly more importantly the Truck, it is the best buzz ton the beach and chancing ur arm in the sea, as long as ur not stupid or dangerous, but yes she does get a good soaking afterwards

Comment

The X5's and Rangy Sports that launch from the slip are like old ladies in long petticoats in comparison! Or are they not as stupid as me! I have seen an X5 struggle on the green slip!

Comment

Back to business now, anyone have any views on the original post? Cant blame sea water, last dipped in october.

Comment

Working...
                        X