No announcement yet.

Replace 2L-TE ECU or convert to 2L-TII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace 2L-TE ECU or convert to 2L-TII?

I've got a tough call to make... I have a '91 surf with a 2L-TE in it, seems the ECU is buggered (no fuel to injectors after I wired manual glow plug control, unwittingly bypassing the ECU-isolate during the typical computer control glow plug sequence). It could be pure happenstance, but seems likely I "killed" the ECU with the manual glow plugs, as it worked once, then the next morning, nothing... crank to no end, and no white smoke/signs of fuel.

Now, out of frustration, I assembled all I require to convert to a mechanical system, with a used 2L-TII pump, the different injector lines required (after a 8 week wait to have them made by Toyota), and the throttle linkage components, plus a new timing belt, idler, and tensioner. Then, digging thorough receipts from the previosu owner, I find the current 2L-TE injection pump to be nearly new. Wouldn't mind getting mileage out of it. Now the tough call of whether to replace the ECU, or go mechanical... which would you recommend?
    Last edited by Ardent; 16 February 2010, 00:40.

Originally posted by Ardent View Post
    I'm not getting fuel to the injectors, it's going right through the firewall filter however (hand priming test), so I'm presuming the fuel cut solenoid has been triggered. How should I go about testing the enclosed 2L-TE fuel cut solenoid, must I splice into the wiring? The 2L-T's exposed solenoid would make life a good deal easier.
    Check it at the ECU plugs...
    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...engineelec.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Thanks BUSHWHACKER, I'm toying with the idea of just starting the mechanical converstion now... as per my editted post. I hate old electrics sigh... not well versed is more likely the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X