Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gloplug +dashlight

hi there folks
    newbie here, been surfin the forum(awsome bunch btw)i just got my first surf last week .been running fine but a bit reluctant on cold starts. i'm assuming gloplugs as symptoms are the same as some other threads.only the gloplug light on dash only goes half out(right side stays on)still get the bleep though.wouldnt start at all today even turning on, wait for beep then off and on again.does half the light staying on mean half the plugs need changing.any help would be very much appreciated.btw i'm totally mechanics illiterate,but have a couple of mates this stuff might not be japanese too.thanks in advance for any info
    cheers mick

also get the batteries checked aswell and clean the battery terminals and connectors.When you turn the ignition on you need to wait for the click of the relay and not the buzzer sound.It will take about 10 secs from the g/plug going out till you hear the click.Once the relay has clicked then the plugs are up to temp.
    It will probably be the plugs at fault tho but just check out the other bits first before spending money
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers mate, will do, but i think the battery was fine the day before,lost power now though after trying to start it.i dont know why only half the dashlight goes out, it definately not just a bit of light from the bulb next to it,looking at gloplugs online do i go milners or roughtrax,seen a couple of snide remarks about milners on here,and there was no mention of an alarm when i bought the surf but theres a little red light under the dash,doesnt seem to do owt but read another thread about it affecting startup,i have a small fob on keyring(says sterling on it)but again this dont stop red light flashing or owt. have paperwork for works done since importedin 05 and theres nowt about gloplugs so i'll change the plugs anyway me thinks(well, my mate will)
      will let know results,,,,,,,,again cheers mick

Comment

get the roughtrax ones as i think they are better quality
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hi all,
          changed all gloplugs yesrerday.only took 3 tries to jump from mates car.started okish this morning, battery gauge reads about halfway between half and 18 mark,am thinking i might be wise to get new,will have a free test at kwikfit, then buy from elseware if needed, are there any better ones for the surfs or is one as good as another(2.4 ssr-x 92reg)
          cheers mick

Comment

hi folks, help needed again, truck wouldnt start today,ran battery down trying,on charge now, anything else i should be cheching, ie,,starter motor,have pumped the primer to no avail, between this and england playing shite at rugby havi a crap day

Comment

You need to check with a voltmeter at the glowplugs to make sure they are actually getting power. Get a voltmeter, set it to ~20V dc, put the red probe on the top of a glow plug, and the black probe on the negative battery post. Get someone to turn the key to ign on position. You should see a voltage on the meter. If no voltage check the insulated connection on the inlet manifold to make sure it's fitted right, then check the glow plug fuse.

Rob.

Comment

hi mate,just put the battery back in, started almost straight away, so looks like i'm having about two days before theres not quite enough power in battery,alternater?? will see how we do in the morning, was a bit confused with the two battery business, but took the drivers side battery out and started ok(it always does when warm)i have a multi meter so will do the checks you say anyway,dont know s##t about cars but trying to (no,having)to learn by the day. cheers ...mick

Comment

Working...
                X