Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injectors & black smoke (Nightmare)

Hi ,
    my surf 2.4td had no power so i had injectors changed, ok i got the power back but black smoke and using more fuel was the result. Before that the Fuel was a little bit more i thought changing the injectors should do it, but now i have 2 problems, please help.(ramps from abu dhabi to dubai are gone )

Asalam alykum, i was born in Dubai, in the iranian hospital and lived between there and Saudi most of my life. Anyway back to the Question:

I recently did a full rebuild of the top end this included injectors, while everything was out i took some carb cleaner aeresol and fully cleaned my inlet manifold which was seriously gunked up with Crap! Now this is mainly due to the EGR (check out the search facility and you will find heaps about it). I subsequently took it off completely and put the new u=injectors in etc, She now runs beautifully but the consumption is down a little, probably because the diesel is being distributed correctly and thus burn't more effeciently.

The reason i mention the gunk is because if you have a lot of crap in your inlet menifold it may now be burning in your cylinders. Have you had the manifold off for a look?

It may also be worthwhile doing the EGR mod, as I recall emissions regs are non-existent in Dubai.

Also i have read on the forum that some people had black smoke for a little while after fettling with the injectors and then eventually it went> somebody correct me cos its probably wrong. My Surf certainly didn't do it.

I hope this was of some help

masalama

Comment

Working...
    X