Auto Gear Stick Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Gear Stick Heat

Im just checking cos ive never noticed it before, but then their is a good chance that I won't have.....
    I was driving the other day and my hand happend to go down to the bottom of the auto stick where its not plastic and just metal.... and i noticed that it was quite warm. I'd almost border on hot, nothing thats gonna burn me or set me on fire, but I just wondered if this is normal?
    Anyone encountered this before?
    Cheers all....
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Not sure if its normal on a surf but most rear wheel drives i have had do generate heat around the gearstick, check fluid level and if temp guage stays normal there should be no problem.
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by carbonman
      Im just checking cos ive never noticed it before, but then their is a good chance that I won't have.....
      I was driving the other day and my hand happend to go down to the bottom of the auto stick where its not plastic and just metal.... and i noticed that it was quite warm. I'd almost border on hot, nothing thats gonna burn me or set me on fire, but I just wondered if this is normal?
      Anyone encountered this before?
      Cheers all....
      Yeah - sounds like mine...
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        Yeah - sounds like mine...
        Cool Cheers
        Better safe than sorry.
        :-)
        2 Tone Mud Master!
        http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Set the rear heater slider control to 'cool' position, see if that makes any difference. The pipes to it run near the gearstick.

Pete

Comment

mine was like that and it got a bit better when i changed the trans fluid, if you havent done that then i would do it just to see if it makes a difference
            so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
              mine was like that and it got a bit better when i changed the trans fluid, if you havent done that then i would do it just to see if it makes a difference
              Ditto the above.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

...me too

Mine gets hot around the gearstick and the "elbow rest" (...can't see what else it's there for) too. I've had a few Japanese RWD automatics (200SX, Supra, another Surf) and they all do the same thing, so I don't think it's anything to worry about

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X