Diesel consumption & heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel consumption & heating

how many kms does a 2.4 2L engine give u guys for a gallon(4Liters),mine only gives 23 kms, is it ok or not? Please help and advice if not. And the temp always half way but pours water in the bottle, why i dont know please advice.is it because here in Dubai (U.A.E) is hot?

Originally posted by mbba
    how many kms does a 2.4 2L engine give u guys for a gallon(4Liters),mine only gives 23 kms, is it ok or not? Please help and advice if not. And the temp always half way but pours water in the bottle, why i dont know please advice.is it because here in Dubai (U.A.E) is hot?
    23kms sounds a bit heavy but it will be less fuel efficient because of the heat (and especially with the humid season getting going). Engines run more efficiently with cooler air as it is more dense which is the reason that intercoolers help. I only used to get about 12mpg out of my Cherokee when I lived in Abu Dhabi, mind you that could have been the mad 160kph plus dash up the Road to Dubai every couple of days (have the ramps all gone now.).

Anyway the pouring water into the expansion tank sounds worrying, maybe an airlock, could be the head gasket gone, could be the head. Depends if it goes back into the engine when it cools and overall doesn't lose much water. Again the air doesn't have much cooling efficiency in Dubai because of the level of humidity in the summer and I wouldn't always trust the temp gauge either as the sensor is too high on the engine.

You may want to get some Redline Water Wetter or some DEI radiator relief. Both of these increase the cooling efficiency of the water which will help in such a difficult environment, or you may want to invest in an auxiliary fan and a bigger radiator. Also make sure that the viscous fan is working correctly, it should be fairly free to rotate when cold and very stiff when hot.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X