Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window/door lock

Hi All,

MOT due and having paid a few quid for two new tyres and a rear exhuast box I don't want anything else to come up.

My rear window will go up and down using the switch inside which I think is good enough to pass but it will not move using the key on the outside. Going down the lock doesn't give at all but going up the the lock turns but nothing happens.

How do I get at the lock to see if I have a loose wireor if it needs lube?

As ever thanks for any and all answers.

Use the search button at the top of the page, there are LOADS of posts telling you "how where when and why!!"

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Rear lock

Originally posted by tintin View Post
      Use the search button at the top of the page, there are LOADS of posts telling you "how where when and why!!"

Alan
      Too true Alan

I have found many posts about rear windows,locks not working and rear demisters that can be relatively easily fixed. I even managed to fix the rear locking mechanism using one of the links to the Aussie site last year.

I have not been able to find a post that tells me how to take the panel off the back of the truck tailgate from the outside to get at the lock though. Maybe I am searching poorly but any assistance would be very welcome.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

you need to go from the inside of the tailgate
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

2 things.

Why would the window not working be an MOT failure?

And the lock mechanism can't be accessed from the outside, that would be incredibly stupid. The mechanism can only be accessed from the inside of the tailgate.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Rear lock

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            2 things.

Why would the window not working be an MOT failure?
            I was told last year when the lock was not functioning that not being able to open the tailgate was a failure. If the window won't come down the tailgate won't open. I can open it from inside but am worried that it can't be done from the outside.

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            And the lock mechanism can't be accessed from the outside, that would be incredibly stupid. The mechanism can only be accessed from the inside of the tailgate.
            Yes it would be wouldn't it I'll go back to the inside and look harder. Thanks

Comment

mine has just gone through the mot and my rear window was'nt working they never tryed to open it i think but am not 100% sure it's only doors where there are seats that have to open so passengers can get out or emergancy services can get in in the event of an accident
              when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

I have a spare tailgate lock with key for an underslung spare wheel surf.

If you require it.
                IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

Originally posted by surffinance View Post
                  Yes it would be wouldn't it I'll go back to the inside and look harder. Thanks
                  http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/articles.php?rid=0

Comment

Working...
                  X