Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping out of gear

Hi guys,

My manual 2.4 keeps on jumping out of gear, it does it about 50% of the time only in first and generally when its on a hill or with a trailer on etc, it seems to be getting worse and I would really like to sort it. Got it booked in for the MOT next Tuesday and when I mentioned to the guy on the phone about it when I booked it in he just said that it would be the gearbox and very expensive.
    Any thoughts guys??
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

I may be thinking of something else, but I'm sure there's a little plastic washer/locator type thing on the bottom of the gear lever which can cause similar symptoms when it becomes worn. It's a fairly simple fix if it is that.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      I may be thinking of something else, but I'm sure there's a little plastic washer/locator type thing on the bottom of the gear lever which can cause similar symptoms when it becomes worn. It's a fairly simple fix if it is that.
      http://4runners.org/writeups/shift/index.html

Comment

another idea.
        Has it had a recent body lift.
        My old 2.4 did the same thing when i lifted the body, until i relocated the rubber under the shift plate cover
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Cheers Vince.

Comment

Thanks for that guys, I am guessing that I can get the bush from milners, the truck is currently in the garage being MOTed today so fingers crossed, I am expecting to need both the front wheel bearings doing and a new exhaust.

As far as raising the truck goes, Tony put some longer springs on the rear a few years ago but nothing has been done to the front.
            Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Comment

I had the same problem, top it with gearbox oil

Comment

Spacer for shift lever

Hi there!

Did you manage to get hold of one of those spacer's?

If so, where ???

Many thanks
                Submission?...Now that's a bit of a problem.

Comment

Toyota main dealer only.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X