Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed

right here we go i have a 1992/3 k reg manual surf 2.4, a few months ago when stationery i was revving it up when i heard a strange noise coming from under the truck ,it would start the harder you rev-ed it , it sounded like someone was throwing stones on a fan in cased, or stones in the bellhousing, it would come and go sometimes for days not a peep out of it,when driving or stationery, after asking on a forum every one said it was my dual mass flywheel breaking up , so after a load of messing around i got hold of a soiled fly wheel, took it to my mates garage to have it fitted, when he took the dual mass flywheel of 2 off the springs were broke the other 2 where loose, so i thought that was it , fitted the soiled flywheel and new clutch presser plate & thrust bearings, problem sorted no, it is still making the same noise, when i was out in it the other night it sounded like there was something rapped round my prop shaft another way to describe it is like sticking a plastic bag on a moving fan, any one have any ideas

Originally posted by bigears View Post
    right here we go i have a 1992/3 k reg manual surf 2.4, a few months ago when stationery i was revving it up when i heard a strange noise coming from under the truck ,it would start the harder you rev-ed it , it sounded like someone was throwing stones on a fan in cased, or stones in the bellhousing, it would come and go sometimes for days not a peep out of it,when driving or stationery, after asking on a forum every one said it was my dual mass flywheel breaking up , so after a load of messing around i got hold of a soiled fly wheel, took it to my mates garage to have it fitted, when he took the dual mass flywheel of 2 off the springs were broke the other 2 where loose, so i thought that was it , fitted the soiled flywheel and new clutch presser plate & thrust bearings, problem sorted no, it is still making the same noise, when i was out in it the other night it sounded like there was something rapped round my prop shaft another way to describe it is like sticking a plastic bag on a moving fan, any one have any ideas
    Maybe the soiled flywheel needs cleaned?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Did you fit a new release bearing and clean out all the old bits of spring?

Comment

yes new release bearing fitted, flywheel cleaned, nothing in the bellhousing

Comment

Have you checked that it's not something as simple as a stone trapped in the bashplate??
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

yes that's been checked thanks

Comment

Which "Berwick" are you at??
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

hi mate berwick-upon-tweed

Comment

By soiled do you mean solid? When is the new sound audible? When stationary or only when moving? At any speeds if moving, certain gears only or all etc? Your description is way too vague at the moment.

Comment

hi mat by soiled i mean soiled not duellmass, it can be either stationary or moving , can be in any gear, i have just be all round my shooting ground on/off road and it never made a peep, its got me totally baffled ,

Comment

hi mat by soiled i mean soiled not duellmass, it can be either stationary or moving , can be in any gear, i have just be all round my shooting ground on/off road and it never made a peep, its got me totally baffled ,
                      You're baffled??

Comment

hi mat by soiled i mean soiled not duellmass,
                        Have you been on our planet for a while?

Comment

Working...
                        X