No announcement yet.

Cylinder Head Removal? 2LTE EFI Diesel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Head Removal? 2LTE EFI Diesel.

Hi all,
    Head has gotta come off my new (re-con) 2LTE EFI engine!
    I did this on my previous engine which I replaced because of the severity of damage, However a mate removed that b*****d pipe at the bulkhead while I searched for the Sledgehammer!! Has anyone got an easy method to remove this? I'm talking about the Metal pipe (part of the EGR SYSTEM?) from the Turbo around the back to the inlet manifold. I'm sure you'll know the one!!
    Gary.

head removal

Originally posted by smithg
    Hi all,
    Head has gotta come off my new (re-con) 2LTE EFI engine!
    I did this on my previous engine which I replaced because of the severity of damage, However a mate removed that b*****d pipe at the bulkhead while I searched for the Sledgehammer!! Has anyone got an easy method to remove this? I'm talking about the Metal pipe (part of the EGR SYSTEM?) from the Turbo around the back to the inlet manifold. I'm sure you'll know the one!!
    Gary.

We leave both the inlet and exhaust manifolds on the head when we take it off, that way you can remove the EGR tube etc on the bench (you will need 2 chaps with arms like Popeye to lift it all off, or use an engine crane).
    Cheers Steve.

Comment

Smithg

It is a bit fiddly but remove the egr bits off the inlet then undo the two nuts on the exhaust end(the bottom one is fiddly) then kind of wiggle it off!!!
      Where in essex are you????? if you are nearby i have a 12mm spanner that does the job quite nicely.
      If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
      I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

EGR Tube & Head removal.

Thanks guys,
        Without a good look I remember we considered leaving the manifolds on last time, fine for inlet but there was a well cooked & corroded turbo nut that was best left alone!! The wife's motor needs work for the Moty so I'll leave the Surf for now. Good news from the Engine people; if there is a fault in the head they'll honour the warranty. I may take up the offer of the "special" 12 m spanner shortly. N/B I'm in the Harlow area. and blimey, how many Surfs have I seen lately?? There must be eight smoking around here now!
        Gary.

Comment

Funny that!!!

When my wife used to ask "so what does one of these things that you want look like" i could never see one on the road to show her.
          Now i own one they are everywhere,getting a bit common i think LOL.
          You are welcome to borrow the spanner or sockets, it will give me a good excuse to get the motorbike out for a run, she's feeling a bit neglected since i bought the surf!!!
          If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
          I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X